The hexbeam has been one of the most popular new antenna designs for amateur radio use in many years.
An excellent performer, light, with a small turning radius and a relatively low visibility profile, this antenna lends itself to the “build-your-own” enthusiast. This page makes obtaining the needed fiberglass to build your own hexbeam an easy task, and also seeks to make the task of finding design and construction notes far easier, too!
Before ordering the fiberglass for building your Hexbeam, you might want to look at these informational links. If you are aware of other useful / informative hexbeam links, please tell us so that we may make the link available to others.
- Excellent hexbeam construction site by Leo Shoemaker, K4KIO
- KIO Technology pre-built antennas by Leo Shoemaker
- Yahoo HexBeam group (You need to join Yahoo groups to see the pictures in this group but you should be able to read the messages.)
- DL7IO (provides a lot of measurement details but not parts lists)
- Steve Hunt, G3TXQ
- The famous G3TXQ BROADBAND hexbeam design
- Construction photos by Bill Patton, WY3A
- Hexbeam base plate, hardware, and parts site by Ron Mott, W4RDM
- A nice, very low cost rotor for this application, as reported to us by users. (Sorry, we do NOT sell these!)
- Hex antennas and hex antenna parts by K5BOB, including unique non-metallic base plates of UHMW material
- Hexagonal beam center hubs by Roger Rockwell, NA4RR
Products to construct your own Hexbeam
Hexbeam Spreader Kit
|Hexbeam Antenna Fiberglass Spreader Kit||$119.95|| |
This Fiberglass Spreader kit is all of the fiberglass tubing will need in order to construct your own Hexbeam antenna.
200 feet of non-stretch, UV resistant, dacron rope is all you should need to construct the Hexbeam antenna
|1/8 inch, Black Dacron Guy Rope (200 ft Hank)||$24.95|| |
|1/8 inch, Black Dacron Guy Rope (1,000 ft Spool)||$95.00|| |
This is all the rope you would need to construct your own Hexbeam antenna. Consider one our 1000 foot spools if you are going to be using this as guy rope as well for the structure you will be putting your Hexbeam up on.
Hexbeam Replacement Spreader Kit
Need to replace a single spreader? This kit makes it easy without buying extra parts that you don’t need.
|Hexbeam Replacement Spreader Kit||$24.95|| |